Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Thai Gourmet-Stow

Today I had a lunch date with my Mom at Thai Gourmet in Stow. When we walked in I automatically noticed the delicious aromas wafting through the air. We were seated very promptly and offered beverages, Diet Coke all around, how very American of us. After perusing the lunch menu for a while I asked our server what her favorite entree was. She suggested the Hot Pepper Chicken so that is what I had. I personally cant stand it when someone I am with asks the server what they suggest and then they end up ordering something completely different. I may be wrong, but isn't that a little bit rude? I digress. Hot Pepper Chicken is not a dish I would typically order but considering the predicament I placed myself in, I plunged head first into my spicy suggestion. The chicken was perfectly cooked and in bite-size pieces, it was served with stir-fried red and green bell peppers and onions. Slightly contradicting its name, it wasn't soooo hot, but it did make my nose sweat--in a good way. The dish was served with a side of steamed rice which sopped up the delicious spicy sauce nicely. Side note: we ordered egg rolls as an appetizer. The egg rolls were D.I.V.I.N.E. warm, crispy, fresh-tasting, perfectly seasoned. The hot mustard sauce hurt so good, the sweet and sour sauce had a nice tang. Complete simplistic egg roll-y perfection. The presentation raised the bar even further, for everyone knows you eat first with your eyes. Thai Gourmet had many, many other options on their menu that piqued my interest and I can't wait to go back soon for some Massaman Curry!

No comments:

Post a Comment